Re: display-mm-width return value off on Windows

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: display-mm-width return value off on Windows
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2006 17:31:18 +0100

Ralf Angeli wrote:
I provided a patch for w32fns.c the majority of developers were in
favor of
Okay, it's been two weeks and nobody has reacted to the last message.
I didn't react the first time because I don't think your statement above was true, but it is pointless continuing the argument.

In response to the objections to your original patch (which gave improved but still incorrect results on one machine, different but just as incorrect results on another, and according to the documentation for the system calls involved could likely give worse results in many circumstances), you produced a patch to allow the user to fix up incorrect display size/dpi settings, but others pointed out that users of multiple displays could be worse off with such a patch. So have you given up on that and returned to trying to get your original patch accepted?