Re: cursor doesn't show through transparent images in emacs 22, unlike e

From: Ken Manheimer
Subject: Re: cursor doesn't show through transparent images in emacs 22, unlike emacs 21
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2006 13:49:58 -0400

On 8/18/06, Drew Adams <address@hidden> wrote:
    emacs -q
    include the following text in the scratch buffer:
      (put-text-property 1 2 'display (find-image '((:type xpm
       :file "info.xpm"))))

That doesn't seem to do anything for me; it just returns nil. Do I need to
do something else? (I'm using Emacs on Windows.)

you need to find an image that comes with your emacs that has a
transparent background, and provide the right parameters to find-image
- the right type and path to the image off of the image-load-path.

i nearly missed your reply, by the way - i miss some emacs-devel
traffic, so it's a good idea to cc me directly if you want to be sure
to get my attention.
--
ken
address@hidden