Re: Is OpenUsability something for Emacs?

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: Is OpenUsability something for Emacs?
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2006 10:37:55 +0200

Richard Stallman wrote:
There is a web site for usability, http://openusability.org/, which welcomes open source projects.

We don't want to refer to any GNU software as "open source",
or encourage others to do so.  Could we ask for help thru this site
without doing so?
I do not know. I just stambled on the site and thought that it was a good idea. I think I was a bit triggered. Just a week ago I installed Ubuntu GNU/Linux to give it a try again. Ubuntu uses GNOME as its default desktop. To my surprise I could not use the keyboard to navigate the "start menu". I had no mouse attached to that computer ...

I found it hard to believe that such a big problem exists in GNOME. I decided to wait until this problem is fixed. I am thinking about contacting the GNOME developers.

The site above seems to have low traffic and currently there does not seem to be much use to put Emacs there.