Re: cursor doesn't show through transparent images in emacs 22, unlike e

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: cursor doesn't show through transparent images in emacs 22, unlike emacs 21
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2006 10:03:31 +0100

Kim F. Storm wrote:
In emacs 22, we don't show a block cursor on images; instead we just
put a border on the image.  The rationale is that the old behaviour was
really ugly in most cases
We used to do something different - like XOR the image with the cursor color or something. That was certainly ugly, but allowing the cursor color to show through transparent areas does not seem too ugly to me (though may involve lots of processing every time the cursor blinks, unless we cache two images for every image that is displayed).