Re: why "in_sighandler"?

From: Jan D.
Subject: Re: why "in_sighandler"?
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2006 18:37:30 +0200

Stefan Monnier wrote:
Could someone explain the difference between `handling_signal' and
`in_sighandler'?  Depending on the answer I'm likely to suggest a renaming,
since it seems that either they are the same and should be merged or they
are different and should say so directly in their name.

handling_signal may be non-zero even if no signal handler is invoked. For example, from UNBLOCK_INPUT (via reinvoke_input_signal => handle_async_input). Also if SYNC_INPUT is used. So handling_signal really means "handling X11/GUI event". I needed a variable that was only set when the signal handler is running. Maybe setting handling_signal is an error in the non-signalling cases, I don't really know.

   Jan D.