Re: display-mm-width return value off on Windows

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: display-mm-width return value off on Windows
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 11:17:17 +0200

Eli Zaretskii wrote:
From: Ralf Angeli <address@hidden>
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2006 10:19:34 +0200
Cc: address@hidden

Given that both ways of calculating the screen size are unreliable I
am still interested in data allowing to judge which method returns
more accurate results in the majority of cases.

Me too.  In fact, I'd oppose to modify the current code, unless we
have a sufficient number of reports which clearly indicate that the
proposed solution is significantly better than the existing code.
Given the evident lack of any theoretical argument in favor, I think
good statistics is the only way to make a sound decision.
Is it not clear from this discussions that the only way to surely get accurate sizes in this case is that the user specifies them?