Re: display-mm-width return value off on Windows

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: display-mm-width return value off on Windows
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 12:45:15 +0100

David Kastrup wrote:
But the display geometries are our only pointer to getting the
point/pixel relation coherent for fonts, so when in doubt, we should
rather err in the same manner Windows selects its fonts rather than
get it correct in opposition to all other applications and in
particular the font selection.
How about calculating the font size yourself in the same way you calculate image size, and specifying that in pixels to be consistent with the images you are generating? That seems to me to be the only way to get consistency, since the screen geometry is not used by the OS in to calculate font sizes (even on X AFAICT).