Re: display-mm-width return value off on Windows

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: display-mm-width return value off on Windows
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 21:22:48 +0200

* Eli Zaretskii (2006-08-21) writes:

> Me too.  In fact, I'd oppose to modify the current code, unless we
> have a sufficient number of reports which clearly indicate that the
> proposed solution is significantly better than the existing code.
> Given the evident lack of any theoretical argument in favor, I think
> good statistics is the only way to make a sound decision.
>
> So please ask more people,

What does `display-mm-width' and `display-mm-height' return in _your_
case with the patch applied? (c;  Maybe other people involved in this
thread and using Windows could report return values with the thread
applied as well.

> perhaps on help-emacs-windows, to try the
> new code and report results with both old and new versions.

There probably won't be many people around compiling Emacs themselves.
I could do the next upload of a precompiled Emacs to alpha.gnu.org
with the patch applied and ask people to compare output of that
version with the prior one.

--
Ralf