Re: python-mode patch

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: Re: python-mode patch
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 20:26:45 +1200

 >     Sourceforge lists the following people as developers: Barry A. Warsaw,
 >     Edward Loper, Kurt B. Kaiser, Ken Manheimer and Skip Montanaro.
 >
 > Barry Warsaw and Ken Manheimer have both contributed to Emacs already.
 > For respect, we should ask them about this anyway, but I expect they
 > will be glad to cooperate.  So it is a matter of asking the other
 > three.

Ken Manheimer has aleady stated that he is willing.  Presumably signing papers
for Emacs means giving copyright for offered contributions to the FSF,
not that anyone can take any code you have written and include it in Emacs.
In that respect, Barry Warsaw still needs to give his permission for
python-mode.el, doesn't he?

 > However, before doing that, the first step is to identify whatever
 > code from their file we would actually like to use.

I think there is agreement that pdbtrack is a desirable feature and the
patch I scoped out was about 440 lines.  Since you will probably insist
that all authors are contacted for this feature alone, why not contact
them now?