Re: address@hidden: Info-index with multiple indexes]

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: address@hidden: Info-index with multiple indexes]
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 12:08:28 -0500

    The appended texinfo code (from
    http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewcvs/scm/scm/scm.texi?rev=1.260&view=markup)
    puts each of four indexes as unnumberedsec nodes within one "Indexes"
    node.  The indexes work in standalone info, but not in Emacs info,
    which reports "No index".

I surmise/hope that this might be fixed in CVS Emacs, since we changed
makeinfo to emit unambiguous index markers in a release after Emacs 21.

Juri (or anyone), could you check this?

Thanks,
Karl

@node Indexes,  , The Implementation, Top
@unnumbered Indexes

@menu
* Procedure and Macro Index::
* Variable Index::
* Type Index::
* Concept Index::
@end menu

@node Procedure and Macro Index, Variable Index, Indexes, Indexes
@unnumberedsec Procedure and Macro Index

This is an alphabetical list of all the procedures and macros in SCM.

@printindex fn

@node Variable Index, Type Index, Procedure and Macro Index, Indexes
@unnumberedsec Variable Index

This is an alphabetical list of all the global variables in SCM.

@printindex vr

@node Type Index, Concept Index, Variable Index, Indexes
@unnumberedsec Type Index

This is an alphabetical list of data types and feature names in SCM.

@printindex tp

@node Concept Index,  , Type Index, Indexes
@unnumberedsec Concept Index

This is an alphabetical list of concepts introduced in this manual.

@printindex cp