Re: cursor doesn't show through transparent images in emacs 22, unlike e

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: cursor doesn't show through transparent images in emacs 22, unlike emacs 21
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2006 08:22:52 -0400

    non-transparent regions seems like a complicated issue.  i expect that
    in many cases it's neither desirable nor practial to mess with them.

It is not clear to me what sort of actions the term "mess with them"
would cover.  What I am sure of is that the cursor must be visible
when it appears over a non-transparent image.

Currently, when the cursor appears over a non-transparent image,
is it visible?  If so, how does it appear?