Re: address@hidden: customizing hl-line-face should reset global-hl-line

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: address@hidden: customizing hl-line-face should reset global-hl-line-overlay to nil]
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 17:44:24 +0200

    > Customizing `hl-line-face' has no immediate effect. You must save the
    > customization, quit Emacs, and restart Emacs, to see the effect.

    Would the attached patch help?

Looking at it (without trying it), I'm not sure, but I suppose so.

How am I to know whether it works if you don't try it?

However, please see my other email about using a face instead of a user
option (variable). Wouldn't that also take care of this problem? That is, if
there is no face variable, and users change the face itself, then that would
be immediately reflected in the overlay, no?

It would.  But it would break other people's customizations as well.

BTW, what is this for: ":require 'hl-line"? (I'm not familiar with it.)

Try without, maybe it's not needed.