Re: [Patch] url-cookie-write-file saves versioned backups

From: Eric Hanchrow
Subject: Re: [Patch] url-cookie-write-file saves versioned backups
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 22:01:11 -0700

    Richard>     Versioned backups of the cookies file are being saved
    Richard>     (contrary to the intent of the last changes made to
    Richard>     url-cookie.el in revision 1.18), which causes
    Richard>     `backup-buffer' to ask for confirmation to delete
    Richard>     those excess backup files.

    Richard> Is that necessarily wrong?

I think so, because the confirmation prompts seem to appear
asynchronously -- I'll be doing something that has nothing to do with
w3m (like using ERC), and suddenly I'll be asked to delete excess
backups.  And this happens fairly frequently -- perhaps every half
hour.

--
But users will not now with glad cries glom on to a language that
gives them no more than what Scheme or Pascal gave them.