Re: Incompatibility in emacs & aspell-0.60.4

From: djh
Subject: Re: Incompatibility in emacs & aspell-0.60.4
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 17:16:05 +0900

> > The error message is displayed after the 2nd successfull
> > (ispell-get-coding-system) upon trying to do another step.  See below:
> > File; ispell.el
> > Line: # 2535
> >         (set-process-coding-system ispell-process (ispell-get-coding-system)
> >                                    (ispell-get-coding-system) ))
> > ---------
> > Result: iso-8859-1 [2 times]
> > error: "Input file descriptor of ispell closed"
> > ---------
> > I have sent out a similar not to the aspell group, but I want to ask if
> > anyone
> > on this group has tried to use
> >
> >    cvs emacs with aspell-0.60.4
> > and if so did you have the probelm I ran into?

> I am using cvs emacs with aspell 0.60.4, on GNU/Linux, and I don't
> encounter any error.  The description you gave is not enough to work
> with.  Please give a self-contained recipe for reproducing the
> problem, starting from `emacs -q'.

Same result with emacs -q.

GNU Emacs 22.0.50.1 (i686-pc-cygwin, X toolkit) of 2006-08-29
CYGWIN_NT-5.1 1.5.21(0.156/4/2) 2006-07-30

Here is the self contained input to cause the error, iwthout fail, each time.

M-X ispell  <CR>

--------
RESULT displays:
"Starting new Ispell process [default] ..."
ispell-init-process: Error: nroff: dlopen returned "No such file or directory".

--------
nroff does exist.  So why does yours work and mine doesn't?

This only happens when invoked from within emacs. Command line invocation seems
to work fine.

Something between emacs and aspell is amiss.  But, I don't know where.  Help in
finding it would be appreciated.

Thanks,
  Darel Henman