Re: emacs.py: catch all errors in eargs()

From: Slawomir Nowaczyk
Subject: Re: emacs.py: catch all errors in eargs()
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 13:19:20 +0200

On Wed, 30 Aug 2006 17:11:10 -0400
Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> wrote:

#> > Current code hangs emacs on my machine when I enable eldoc-mode and
#> > put point over non-function like "print".
#>
#> Thanks, I'll lok at it. But this is large enough with previous
#> contributions that I'm beginning to feel like I should need until
#> your legal paperwork comes in before committing it.

That's OK with me... I am travelling at the moment so I do not know if
the papers have already arrived, but if they did I should be able to
sign and mail them back at the beginning of next week.

#> > case even C-g doesn't work, I have to kill emacs... I assume
#>
#> Looks like a bug in python.el where we fail to re-enable C-g before
#> doing the accept-process-output (C-g is disabled by inhibit-quit when
#> running timers and such). I installed the patch below which should
#> fix it.

Thanks, it works much better now.

--
 Best wishes,
   Slawomir Nowaczyk

I'd love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code!