Re: address@hidden: Re: jit lock sit-for provokes redisplay provokes ime

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: address@hidden: Re: jit lock sit-for provokes redisplay provokes imenu]
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 14:16:16 -0400

    Or at least no worse: the code would simply be moved from jit-lock to this
    new macro, and then the macro can be used anywhere, e.g. in jit-lock (where
    we can remove the corresponding macro), font-lock (idem), and probably many
    other places where we use restore-buffer-modified-p.

    It'd end up providing something similar to Martin's
    buffer-chars-modified-tick, except implemented in Lisp rather than in C.

Please give it a try if you want to; we can see what it looks like.