Re: makeinfo 4.7

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: makeinfo 4.7
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2006 02:35:16 +0300

> Why would you not upgrade the server?  It has reached end of service
> long ago.  There are not even security updates anymore.

I can't decide what to install on every server where I have an account.

> You had the time to check out, configure and install Emacs from CVS,
> but did not have the time to run
>
> yum update texinfo
>
> (or fetch and install a suitable RPM from one of many repositories).

It is very easy to fetch and compile the latest version of Emacs from CVS
in the home directory on any GNU/Linux machine without root privileges
with just two commands: `cvs ... co emacs' and `./configure && make bootstrap'.
I don't want to get the latest version of any other program to be able
to build Emacs ;)

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/