Re: gdba problems with C++ code

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: Re: gdba problems with C++ code
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 15:46:51 +1200

 > > If int_stack is just a structure or union it should work.
 > > Or is it a data type that is special to C++?
 >
 > It's a class, with a single variable and some functions.

Ah! I see.  I can reproduce this (there must have been a regression because
it used to work for classes).

I have installed a fix.  Please tell me if it works for you.

 > > What operating system are you using?  What is the exact version of GDB are
 > > you
 > > using? e.g on FC5 I get:
 > >
 > >   GNU gdb Red Hat Linux (6.3.0.0-1.122rh)
 >
 > I told you the exact version.  It's plain 6.3.

There is no such thing as plain 6.3.  Different code is used to build GDB
for different OSes.

 > Meanwhile I've done that (compiling the 6.5 tarball by myself), and it
 > changes nothing.  Neither structures nor classes get displayed.

It should prove a worthwhile exercise now as it should be a lot quicker at
displaying watch expressions than 6.3.