Re: need option so line-move-to-column ignores fields, plus patch

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: need option so line-move-to-column ignores fields, plus patch
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2006 13:48:39 +0900

> I find that C-p from the second line always puts point right after the
> prompt, regardless of where point was in the second line.
>
> I think the behavior we want in the minibuffer is that point should
> move vertically up _unless_ that would leave it inside the prompt,
> in which case it goes to the end of the prompt.

Yeah... that's how it's _supposed_ to work ... I guess something broke
it.  I'll look and see if I see something...

As far as Ken's change, maybe it's the right thing for his use, I don't
know (most of the existing field behavior is oriented towards making
the "prompt: input" case like the minibuffer or comint works correctly).
It wouldn't be enabled by default, and it does have the advantage of
being very simple to understand.

-Miles
--
=====