RE: fill-paragraph vs. financial institutions

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: fill-paragraph vs. financial institutions
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 07:08:03 -0700

        I propose therefore the following change.  Does anyone see a
        problem in it?

        If that puts things back the way they were in previous
        versions, then that's good.

    Could you explain what you mean by that?  I don't know of any change
    that was made in this since Emacs 21.

You're right; I was mistaken. The same behavior is even in Emacs 20 (I
haven't used Emacs 21). I coincidentally stumbled upon it for the first time
recently, and I thought it was something new.

Since I only hit it once over several years, it might not be a common case.
In any case, I don't see the utility of the double-line-repeats-number
behavior, so add my vote to your change, unless someone points out a good
reason for this case.