Re: gdba problems with C++ code

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: Re: gdba problems with C++ code
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2006 22:20:02 +1200

 > It does, thanks.  For the moment, I have only one remaining question
 > which is probably not directly related to gdba: Using mouse-1 to open
 > the tree leaves (for structures watched in the speedbar frame)
 > sometimes fails.  I have to click just once to open it, right?  For
 > me, this often doesn't work, and I have to click again on the icon to
 > see a reaction.  Have you ever seen such a problem?  It looks like
 > Emacs doesn't receive all mouse events, or that they get lost
 > somewhere.  I use the CVS from today on a GNU/Linux box, running X
 > 6.9.0.

I don't think it's an Emacs problem.  It doesn't happen if you are just
browsing files in the speedbar, right?  I think it's because I've made
gdb-enqueue-input a no-op if GDB is still executing (gud-running is t) :

 (defun gdb-enqueue-input (item)
   (if (not gud-running)
       (if gdb-prompting
           (progn
             (gdb-send-item item)
             (setq gdb-prompting nil))
         (push item gdb-input-queue))))

You can get better response if you omit that clause but Emacs might get
confused at times.  GDB/MI should make things easier with tokens to
tie GDB output to GDB input.