Re: Patch for remote files in dnd.el

From: Jan Djärv
Subject: Re: Patch for remote files in dnd.el
Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2006 15:01:47 +0200

Richard Stallman skrev:
You could at least look at my original patch before spouting such nonsense. There was no exclusion in this patch that restored functionality that is present in every version of Emacs released in the last 7 years.

dnd.el was first installed less than two years ago.

I think the point was that there was a W32 version of DND before dnd.el. On W32 UNC-paths just work if you give them to open. Thus, UNC-paths that was DND:ed to Emacs worked on W32 before dnd.el.

        Jan D,