Re: Emacs crashes accidentally

From: Herbert Euler
Subject: Re: Emacs crashes accidentally
Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2006 21:46:07 +0800

I configured with

../configure --prefix=... --without-x

And I cannot reproduce the crashing, what I have
now is the compiled Emacs and a .core file.

Regards,
Guanpeng Xu

From: David Kastrup <address@hidden>
To: "Herbert Euler" <address@hidden>
CC: address@hidden, address@hidden
Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2006 15:38:41 +0200

"Herbert Euler" <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

> This is what I can know now from the .core file.

Just to be sure: if you are debugging post mortem, have you followed
the advice in DEBUG saying:

** When you are trying to analyze failed assertions, it will be
essential to compile Emacs either completely without optimizations or
at least (when using GCC) with the -fno-crossjumping option.  Failure
to do so may make the compiler recycle the same abort call for all
assertions in a given function, rendering the stack backtrace useless
for identifying the specific failed assertion.