Re: rcirc bug

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Re: rcirc bug
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2006 22:57:26 -0400

> I think it would be better to change pushnew to expand
> into code that does not call any cl functions.  Then programs
> that load cl at compile time could use pushnew without problems.

Is there really a problem?  Can someone tell me how to reproduce this
with a simple test case?  I tried made a file with the following
contents:

  (eval-when-compile (require 'cl))
  (defvar foo nil)
  (defun foobar () (interactive) (pushnew 1 foo))

Upon byte compiling and loading the byte-compiled file, `M-x foobar'
seemed to work fine.

Didn't the rcirc bug turn out to come from another source (incorrect
use of `case')?