Re: cursor doesn't show through transparent images in emacs 22, unlike e

From: Robert J. Chassell
Subject: Re: cursor doesn't show through transparent images in emacs 22, unlike emacs 21
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 11:56:31 +0000 (UTC)

   The cursor is shown as a 1-pixel wide line drawn along edge
   of the combined image + border area.

Ah!  Am I right in understanding that you mean the cursor is a loop as
wide [first meaning of `wide'] as the combined image + border, and
that the loop is one pixel wide [second meaning of `wide']?

In a picture

    +----------------------+
    |                      |
    |     rest of          |
    |      image           |
    |                      |
    |                      |
    |                      |
    +----------------------+

    <---------------------->
      width, first meaning

The + - and | consist of the cursor, a loop.

Am I right in understanding that you mean the width, second meaning,
of the loop is one pixel, or on one of my screens, a little less than
0.2 mm but in others more than 0.25 mm?

When you say the 1-pixel wide line is `hollow', what do you mean?

Do you mean the center of the loop is the image, i.e., the cursor does
not cover it up, and that the 1-pixel wide line is some color such as
black or red?  Or do you mean that pixels in the loop itself are
without color, meaning dark (trying to be black) on an RGB projection
system?  Or what?

--
    Robert J. Chassell
    address@hidden                         GnuPG Key ID: 004B4AC8