Re: The order input events are processed.

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: The order input events are processed.
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 10:11:08 -0400

    >   \(fn SECONDS &optional NODISP)"
    > !   (unless (or unread-command-events
    > !               unread-post-input-method-events
    > !               unread-input-method-events
    > !               (>=3D unread-command-char 0))

    Isn't input-pending-p enough?

input-pending-p does not check all of those variables.
Is that a bug?

    I was thinking of an active loop because I thought the test had to be
    made here, replacing =AB read-event =BB.  If we're sure read-event will
    not take an event from unread-input-method-events here, then it's ok.

If unread-input-method-events is empty, then nothing can be taken from
it.  So the only way this could happen is if something were to run
inside read-event which made unread-input-method-events nonempty.

That is not impossible; various things can call Lisp code from inside
read-event and they COULD put something on unread-input-method-events.
But that would be very strange usage.

So I think we are ok.