Re: local keymap patch for key-binding

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: local keymap patch for key-binding
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 17:45:16 -0400

    > If you thing it reasonable that key-binding should also react to
    > bona-fide events _not_ wrapped in an array, I can do this easily
    > enough in the change I am working on.

Please don't make that change.  key-binding is supposed to look up a
sequence of events; it expects that sequence to be in a vector or
string.  There is nothing wrong with that, and no need to change it.

I think we simply had a misunderstanding about what it means to say
that key-binding can "look up events".  In my way of looking at
things, you give key-binding a vector of events, and what it does is
"look up events."