Re: jit-lock simplification?

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: jit-lock simplification?
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 15:31:21 +0200

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

>> I was debugging a timer problem, and noticed some very odd lambda
>> forms in the timer-list.  It turns out to be the lambda generated by
>> the jit-lock code below.
>
>> Wouldn't it work just as well with the following patch?
>
> I see no reason why it shouldn't work as well.
> I just find it less elegant ;-)

Disagree.  If `run-with-timer' has the possibility of passing values,
that should be preferred over `lexical-let'.  Whether one wants to use
a named or an anonymous lambda function is, in contrast, more a matter
of taste.

If this were Scheme, using a closure would more or less be natural,
but in Emacs Lisp, this is just ugly.