Re: Image display problems in Gnus

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: Image display problems in Gnus
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 15:59:46 +0100

Kim F. Storm wrote:
This causese problems for the redisplay engine when it tries to figure
out where to display the cursor -- and it ends up displaying it at
some position which is not visible in the window.

This triggers the recenting code in redisplay which wants the cursor
position to be displayed in the window.  But this still results in
the cursor in some invalid position....

.. and finally, the redisplay has some code which catches this
anomaly and displays the cursor in the upper left corner of the window
instead.
Where is the code that catches this? I have been trying to investigate a Windows specific bug listed in FOR-RELEASE the last couple of days, where the same seems to be happening with the splash screen image, except Emacs never catches it and it keeps looping. I can see that on X, Emacs catches it as you explain there.