substitute-command-keys to take optional `no-angles' arg?

From: Drew Adams
Subject: substitute-command-keys to take optional `no-angles' arg?
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2006 10:22:20 -0700

Function `substitute-command-keys' allows little control over a) which
binding for a given command is used and b) the form of the key descriptions.
We've discussed these a bit before, and agreed to re-discuss them after the
release.

For that discussion (after the release), it occurred to me that, wrt (b), it
would be good to allow for a `no-angles' option for
`substitute-command-keys', just as we do for `single-key-description'.

For example, I use `substitute-command-keys' to provide a help string
regarding some bindings, and it currently returns this:

 "(<S-tab>, TAB: list, C-h: help)"

I would prefer to supply a `no-angles' argument to
`substitute-command-keys', to get this, instead:

 "(S-tab, TAB: list, C-h: help)"