Re: Visiting files with gnuclient don't add to history

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: Visiting files with gnuclient don't add to history
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2006 23:49:57 +0100

Lennart Borgman wrote:
Jason Rumney wrote:
I don't think it is a bug, only interactive use of find-file should add to history. There is already code in server.el to add to history, since it is calling find-file non-interactively but in response to user interaction. dnd.el on the other hand does not add to history, but probably should.

Why should only interactive use inside of Emacs add to history?
Because the user is generally not interested in files that are found behind the scenes when they look at history, they are only interested in the files they have explicitly opened.

I believe users of emacsserver/client or gnuserver/client expects that files opened those ways should be treated the same.
Indeed, because such use IS interactive.