Re: GNU Emacs 22.0.50 fails to find ä in different ISO Latin encodings

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: GNU Emacs 22.0.50 fails to find ä in different ISO Latin encodings
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 13:20:42 -0400

    So, I've just installed the attached change.  But, there
    still exists a case that isearch fails.  For instance, if
    your buffer's buffer-file-coding-system is iso-8859-2, and
    you somehow insert a-acute of iso-8859-1, isearch won't be
    able to find that a-acute.  The fix for that case is very
    difficult in Emacs 22.

Do you think we should document this in the Emacs manual?