Re: single init file/directory for windows and linux using version contr

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: single init file/directory for windows and linux using version control svn or cvs
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 23:34:47 -0400

    > Perhaps Emacs should check for C:\.emacs.d\ also.
    > Why not?

    I think Jason gave the reason in the last sentence above: becase the
    ~/.emacs.d/init.el feature was added only in Emacs 22, so users of
    older versions will not have their init files there.

That is what I am responding to.  His argument leads to the conclusion
that it might be acceptable not to check C:\.emacs.d\; that not
checking it is not be a bug.

So we don't have to do this.  But wouldn't it be a good idea anyway?
That would be more consistent and natural behavior.