Re: Copying preserves font-lock-face

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Copying preserves font-lock-face
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2006 14:01:33 -0400

    If I copy text with a font-lock-face it keeps that property and doesn't
acquire
    the face appropriate to it's new location e.g text from the grep buffer with
    font-lock-face `match' looks the same after being copied into a C file.  I
    realise that I can remove font-lock-face with facemenu-remove-all but I
don't
    see why I should need to.

    Is there a reason why font-lock-face should be preserved on copying?

Perhaps it should be preserved when copying into a non-font-lock
buffer, but discarded when copying into a buffer with font-lock
enabled.