Re: Copying preserves font-lock-face

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: Copying preserves font-lock-face
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2006 11:43:10 +0200

> Yes but face and font-lock-face are different character properties and I'm
> talking about the latter.

I don't understand where you get a `font-lock-face' (sic) property from
but you can add it to `font-lock-extra-managed-props'.

>  >  > Is there a reason why font-lock-face should be preserved on copying?
>  >
>  > In some rare cases, I find it useful to see remnants of faces assigned
>  > by font-lock when I copy a stretch of code to a plain text buffer.
>  > Hence, in principle, preserving such face properties does not seem
>  > wrong.
>
> Are faces assigned by font-lock and font-lock-faces the same thing?

`font-lock-apply-highlight' and the functions that append or prepend
text properties do things like (put-text-property start end 'face val),
hence they assign a `face' property, not a `font-lock-face' property.
Can you find out how a `font-lock-face' text property gets assigned on
your system?