Re: Did something change with respect to Emacs idle loop:

From: Andreas Seltenreich
Subject: Re: Did something change with respect to Emacs idle loop:
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 19:53:43 +0200

[fontification loop vs. subprocesses]

"T. V. Raman" <address@hidden> writes:

> This does sound like it could be the culprit ---
> I'd be happy to test if it were possible to  do a cvs update, and
> then undo just this patch and build.

An easy way to confirm it might be toggling global-font-lock-mode.  If
my guess was right, the symptoms should correlate with that setting.

The last version of jit-lock.el that has the problem is 1.56. So,

    cvs up -r 1.56 lisp/jit-lock.el

should show the symptoms, while

    cvs up -A lisp/jit-lock.el

doesn't.  Note that the file is dumped into Emacs, so besides
byte-compiling it, you'd have to either dump a new emacs or explicitly
load the file for the changes to take effect.

regards,
andreas