Re: address@hidden: bug in read-kbd-macro

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: address@hidden: bug in read-kbd-macro
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 21:06:43 +0200

Miles Bader <address@hidden> writes:

> Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:
>> Sorry, I cannot always afford to read everything, especially if the
>> messages are very long.
>
> Amen.
>
> Drew, you should really think about trying to be less verbose,
> especially on minor issues like this.

I'd have used "bellicose".  One of the problems is that people just
skip those long discussions, and it does not help if the replies keep
repeating points all over.  This annoys all people involved including
Drew, because he fails to understand why people end up neither
countering nor supporting his points.

In an ideal world, one makes one's point one time, people form an
opinion once everything has been said once, come to a decision and act
on it.