Re: Starting pretest

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Starting pretest
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2006 00:04:00 -0400

I asked you how many of the recent entries in FOR-RELEASE
are for problems that fit this criterion:

>     Quite a few are more like "misfeature fixes": they improve Emacs
>     in case that indeed there _is_ a useful fix.

In your response you mentioned only these:

        ** C-p works properly with fields within the line, but C-n does not.
        (address@hidden, Sep 24.)

        ** Should end-of-line get stuck at end of a field?

    Both of those are either old misfeatures, or introduced by turning one
    old misfeature into a new one.

All the rest, you agreed are bugs.  (I think those two are also bugs.)

So I guess that isn't really a major issue.