Re: ffap not UTF-8 ready

From: Kevin Ryde
Subject: Re: ffap not UTF-8 ready
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2006 07:05:54 +1000

Kenichi Handa <address@hidden> writes:

> It seems that this is because the variable
> ffap-string-at-point-mode-alist doesn't contain a multibyte
> character in CHARS.

Perhaps "(thing-at-point 'filename)", in thing-at-point-file-name-chars,
has the same problem.

(I was pondering the slight duplication between ffap guessing and
thing-at-point the other day.  It might be cute if you could somehow
have ffap handlers based on a test for a thing-at-point thing, to get
a consistent notion of what might be "at point".)