address@hidden: auto-revert mode broken?]

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: address@hidden: auto-revert mode broken?]
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2006 17:07:22 -0400

Can someone tell us if this fails in the trunk?

To: address@hidden
From: David Abrahams <address@hidden>
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2006 10:44:14 -0400
Subject: auto-revert mode broken?

In recent builds of emacs from CVS (actually the unicode-2 branch) I
find auto-revert acting strangely.  If I open /var/log/syslog, for
example, the buffer will be read-only as expected since I don't have
write permission.  Eventually, though, the file will change on disk
and I'll get the message

  syslog changed on disk; really edit the buffer? (y, n, r or C-h)

and the buffer will have become modifiable.  Does anyone know what's
up?  I have

   (global-auto-revert-mode 1)

in my .emacs

Thanks,