Re: TeX input method

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: TeX input method
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2006 09:39:26 -0400

> Well, I have to agree with Stefan that the sequences starting with {
> seem somewhat pointless for an input encoding.

OK, thanks.  I'll install that part.

> But ~ is a different beast.

The main problem for me with this is that it was difficult to figure out why
~ didn't work the way I expected it (it didn't occur to me at first that it
was linked to the input method).  E.g. C-h k ~ told me something like:

      (translated from ~  ) is bound to self-insert-command

then I looked for some weird key-mapping in key-translation-map and
function-key-map.  I know it wasn't my brightest moment, but still: this is
the only part of the TeX input method which remaps a single key rather than
a key-sequence.

        Stefan