Re: {ispell,flyspell}.el and coexistence of ispell and aspell

From: Agustin Martin
Subject: Re: {ispell,flyspell}.el and coexistence of ispell and aspell
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2006 12:19:51 +0200

On Sun, Oct 01, 2006 at 06:25:47PM -0400, Richard Stallman wrote:
> It looks good at first read, but I don't have a printer and I find
> it hard to really study it.  Anyway, since this is to support
> a peculiar mode of operation, let's put it off until after
> the release.

OK,

I am attaching ispell.el patch with fixed docstrings and re-attaching
flyspell patch (small). I am also adding proposed changelog entries, so
everything is kept in the same mail and can be later retrieved after the
release.

In the meantime comments are welcome.

flyspell.el:
(flyspell-large-region), (flyspell-mode)
   Call (ispell-initialize-program-params) instead of (ispell-check-version)
   and (ispell-maybe-find-aspell-dictionaries)

ispell.el:
(ispell-initialize-program-params)
   New function. Set value for ispell-dictionary-alist to the base or the
   aspell one as appropriate. Kill ispell process if ispell-program-name is
   changed.
(ispell-last-program-name)
   Used by the above function.
(ispell-base-dictionary-alist)
   Formerly (ispell-dictionary-alist)
(ispell-aspell-dictionary-alist)
   New alist for aspell specific values
(ispell-dictionary-alist)
   Set to (ispell-base-dictionary-alist) or (ispell-aspell-dictionary-alist)
   from (ispell-initialize-program-params)
(ispell-have-aspell-dictionaries), (ispell-maybe-find-aspell-dictionaries)
   Removed, obsolete
(ispell-find-aspell-dictionaries)
   Modified to use (ispell-base-dictionary-alist) and set
   (ispell-aspell-dictionary-alist)
(ispell-valid-dictionary-list), (ispell-word), (ispell-region)
   Use (ispell-initialize-program-params) instead of
   (ispell-maybe-find-aspell-dictionaries)

Agustin