Re: Starting ispell in some fixed directory

From: Slawomir Nowaczyk
Subject: Re: Starting ispell in some fixed directory
Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2006 22:28:42 +0200

On Thu, 05 Oct 2006 18:43:34 -0400
Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> wrote:

#> > #> -       (let ((process-connection-type ispell-use-ptys-p))
#> > #> +       (let ((process-connection-type ispell-use-ptys-p)
#> > #> +              (default-directory (if (member system-type '(cygwin
windows-nt)) temporary-file-directory default-directory)))
#>
#> Rather than testing system-type, why not test that
#> temporary-file-directory exists?

Well, I wanted to keep the change a non-invasive as possible, but you
are probably right, there is nothing wrong with running ispell from
another directory on systems other than w32 as well.

So, how about:

(let ((process-connection-type ispell-use-ptys-p)
      (default-directory (if (and invocation-directory (file-exists-p
invocation-directory))
                             invocation-directory default-directory)))

Initially I had some doubts about efficiency of checking directory
existence, but it should be totally negligible compared to the cost of
start-process.

--
 Best wishes,
   Slawomir Nowaczyk

Copy Protection:  A clever method of preventing incompetent pirates from
stealing software and legitimate customers from using it.