Re: "Emacs 21"

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: "Emacs 21"
Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2006 21:07:51 -0400

      Most of the rest are comparisons between 20 (or
    19) and 21 in terms of error reporting, mark handling, echo area resizing,
    and mode line formats.

I am not sure whether you are talking about passages that describe
differences between specific Emacs versions, or about teaching the
user how to write code that tests the Emacs version.  Which?

The former, we should remove.  This manual is meant for the current
Emacs version.  Discussing older Emacs versions is a digression which
gets in the way of the intended purpose.

The latter, we should update (if necessary) so that they handle Emacs
22 properly.

      I'm not sure
    what to do with the CVS references.

If they are just intended as example version numbers, any value is
fine.  If they are meant to be the version of a recent Emacs, just
update them to 22.1.

Can you do these things and send diffs?