Re: looking up a submenu keymap in a menu keymap, when the submenu key i

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: looking up a submenu keymap in a menu keymap, when the submenu key is a string
Date: Sun, 08 Oct 2006 21:02:56 -0400

> (keymap "Variables"
>         ("toto" "toto" lambda nil
>          (interactive)
>          (imenu--menubar-select
>           '("toto" . #<marker at 37004 in foo.el>))))

> `lookup-key' doesn't seem to help here - at least I cannot just pass
> "Variables" as the key arg to it.

You can try to pass ["Variables"].  But it's really not that simple, since
you have to distinguish between the menu name and the "pseudo-key"
associated with it.  In your examples, both are strings and they are equal,
but that's not necessarily the case.
You may want o check the easy-menu functions for that, tho they're not
always as "easy" to use as the name implies.

        Stefan