Re: sourcing environment

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: Re: sourcing environment
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 04:35:16 -0400

Tak Ota <address@hidden> writes:

> ... When switching gears frequently between different cross
> compilation environment it is common practice to set/change
> environment variables by sourcing shell scripts.

I don't use shell scripts for this; I use Emacs functions:

(defun ghdl-0.25 ()
  "ghdl only; run from a DOS shell"
  (interactive)
  (setq exec-path
        (list
         (expand-file-name "~/bin")
         (getenv "INSTALL_BIN")
         "c:/Gnu/Emacs/emacs-21.3/bin"
         "c:/Gnu/Ghdl-0.25/bin"
         "c:/Windows/system32"))
  (setenv "PATH" (mapconcat 'identity  exec-path  path-separator))
  )

(defun sal-no-network ()
  "set LM_LICENSE_FILE to just the hardware key, to avoid network delays"
  (interactive)
  (setenv "LM_LICENSE_FILE" "foo")
  )

--