Perceived Emacs 22 speed improvement

From: Giorgos Keramidas
Subject: Perceived Emacs 22 speed improvement
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 04:29:50 +0300

Hi all,

I am not sure if this is a *real* or just a perceived change,
caused by one of the other upgrades I've done since, but a recent
Emacs snapshot feels a _lot_ snappier and fast than previous
versions (i.e. one built from the FreeBSD port I updated about a
month ago).

For instance, a Gnus session can refresh a summary buffer from
comp.lang.lisp with more than 4000 unread articles in something
less than a second now.  This used to take at least 2-3 seconds
more in the past.

I don't know _why_ this happened, but thanks to everyone who
contributed to this :)

- Giorgos