Re: shell-command - missing shell-quote-argument for program?

From: Thomas Link
Subject: Re: shell-command - missing shell-quote-argument for program?
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 20:13:47 +0200

! (let ((cmd (format txt (shell-quote-argument (buffer-file-name)))))
Looks good to me. The function filesets-cmd-shell-command is called when selecting "Run Command" from the menu and when then selecting "Run Shell Command". The user will be prompted for a command string that is then passed through format replacing %s with the current buffer file name. Without the shell-quote-argument this most likely resulted in an file not found error when the file name contained blanks or other special characters.

I really don't have the time to dig deeper into this but I think that filesets-quote in the function filesets-run-cmd--repl-fn should be replaced with shell-quote-argument too.

Regards,
Thomas.

___________________________________________________________ Telefonate ohne weitere Kosten vom PC zum PC: http://messenger.yahoo.de