Re: shell-command - missing shell-quote-argument for program?

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: shell-command - missing shell-quote-argument for program?
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 00:37:28 +0200

Dave Love wrote:
Lennart Borgman <address@hidden> writes:

I don't have the Emacs CVS version to hand, but if that has a problem,
please chase whoever changed it.  In my version the only instance of
`shell-command' is:
   (shell-command-to-string (concat python-command " -V"))
and I don't understand what you mean by referring to python-command.
Have you read its doc (or has that been changed too)?

My impression right now is that this special case could not be quoted
since python-command could be a file name with arguments.

If you think there's any doubt about that expression, I'm afraid
you're quite confused, and I suspect you're confused about other
things.

I am sorry, you are wasting your time. I am not able to be impressed.