Re: [bug]org-mode with flyspell-mode freezes emacs

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [bug]org-mode with flyspell-mode freezes emacs
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 09:55:03 +0200

On Oct 15, 2006, at 6:20, Richard Stallman wrote:

    On Thu Oct 12 10:51:51 2006 +0100, Carsten Dominik wrote:

    I can reproduce this under Emacs 22, but I have not been able to
figure out what is causing this, because Emacs hangs so that it cannot
    even be stopped with C-g.

It seems to be caused by links which contain hidden and intangible text.

    Don't really know where to go from here.

    - Carsten

Can you run Emacs under GDB, stop it while it is in this loop,
and send us the backtrace?

I am unable to reproduce this bug under gdb.  That is, I tried, but
Emacs does not hang when run under gdb.

- Carsten

As a next step, you could follow the advice in etc/DEBUG about
investigating an infinite loop.  This information could probably enable
someone else to debug the Emacs bug.

For others' information, the initial bug report:

From: Leo <address@hidden>

    Starting emacs with "emacs -q -l test test.org". Then press "C-x
    ]". Emacs will freeze.

    "test" and "test.org" are attached.

Tested on GNU Emacs 23.0.0.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.8.20)
    of 2006-10-04 running under fedora core 5.

(setq inhibit-startup-message t)
(add-hook 'text-mode-hook
          (lambda nil
            (flyspell-mode t)))
(add-to-list 'auto-mode-alist '("\\.org" . org-mode))

--
Carsten Dominik
Universiteit van Amsterdam